Sentry Safe is a great way to protect your valuables, be it documents or accessories. They’re especially durable and capable of withstanding just about anything. But the owner can lose the keys to the safe. So, how do you open a sentry safe without a key?
If you don’t have your keys, you can open a Safe Sentry safe using various materials such as a paper clip, screwdriver or knife, nail file, drill, and rare earth magnet. With all these tools, you’ll be cracking the safe. But if you don’t want to, ask for a replacement key from the manufacturer.
Despite the multiple ways to crack the safe, there’s no assurance that all the methods will work. It’ll usually depend on the safe model, among other factors. Here, we discuss opening a Sentry Safe when you don’t have a key.
Ways to Open Sentry Safe without a Key
If you’re looking for secure storage options, Sentry Safe provides some of the best safes. But it’s possible to lose the keys or not have them available to you. in such cases, there are several ways to open the sentry safe:
1. Request A Replacement Key
When you lose the key to your sentry safe and don’t want to use any tool to open it, you can ask the manufacturer for extra keys. The manufacturer will require that you provide the Sentry Safe model and serial numbers before they can give you the replacement key. You can check the Sentry Safe website to see the guide on finding the serial number and model of a safe. You could also call the customer service number to see if they can guide you on how to find the numbers. Once you get that, you need to go to the website and fill out the key recovery request application form. You’ll have to enter the key number, serial number, safe model, and the number of new keys you want. Cross-checking and confirming your information may take between 7 and 10 working days, after which you’ll get new keys.
2. Use A Paperclip To Open The Safe
Sentry Safe might look impenetrable, and in most cases, it is. But it might be possible to unlock the safe, and one of the easiest ways to do it is by using a paper clip. The paper clip is a common lock picking tool, and if you’re planning to crack open the safe, you must be ready to exercise lots of patience along the way. It also helps to have needle nose pliers with you. Here are the steps for unlocking the safe with a paperclip.
- Step 1: Spread the paper clip apart with a plier or your fingers and bend the larger part of it at a 90-degree angle.
- Step 2: Bend the other part of the paper clip to look like a wrench.
- Step 3: Take another paper clip and bend one of its legs into a 45-degree angle while the other leg is at a 180-degree angle; this second paper clip will look like a feeler pick and serve as the handle that’ll rotate the Sentry Safe lock.
- Step 4: put the first paper clip that looks like a wrench in the lower area of the safe lock.
- Step 5: Insert the feeler pick into the upper area of the lock, which is where the teeth are
- Step 6: twist the lower clip in a clockwise direction while shaking the upper clip in the teeth of the lock. Continue repeating the process, which presses the lock pins until you hear a click.
- Step 7: Once you hear a clicking noise, you should rotate the pins thrice and turn both clips in a clockwise direction. This will usually crack the safe, and you can easily open it.
3. Use A Screwdriver or Knife
You can also try using a knife or screwdriver to open the safe. For a knife to work, it must be one with a very pointed end that fits perfectly into the sentry safe bypass code. Stick the screwdriver or knife into the lock and twist in an anti-clockwise direction until it enters the keyhole. Then shake it or push it up and down, and the lock will open.
4. Use A Nail File
Another way to crack open a safe is by using a nail file. The nail file has to be a metal one, and it helps if it also has a nail cutter attached. With it, you can open the sentry safe even though you don’t have the combination codes. Here are the steps for doing so:
- Step 1: Bring the nail file out of the cutter and ensure it’s in a straight line sticking out while the nail cutter itself is in your hand
- Step 2: Put the pointed tip of the file into the safe’s lock
- Step 3: Shake the file while twisting it in a clockwise direction and keep trying the same steps until you get a feeling that the lock will open
- Step 4: You’ll hear the click sound when the lock is about to open, and this is your cue to further wiggle the file into the lock until the clicking sound comes from outside the safe, which is proof that the safe is unlocked. Once that happens, you can take the nail file out and open the safe.
5. Use A Drill
If the sentry safe doesn’t have keys, you might have to drill into it. But that means destroying the safe, which might not exactly be what you. But if you’ve decided on using this method, you’ll need electric cutting equipment such as a power drill. Once you’ve plugged the cutting equipment, drill into the lock. Ensure that you drill straight into the lock until it breaks. Then, remove the damaged locked pieces, and you can open the safe. It’s possible to replace the lock in some cases. You might need to talk to the manufacturer or a local clockmaker. You should be careful when using a drill and wear protective gear.
6. Open The Safe with Rare Earth Magnet
You can also use an earth magnet to open the sentry safe when you don’t have the key. In order to do this, you’ll have to find the nickel solenoid in the safe. This is the material that the safe uses for its lock mechanism. Put the magnet in a sock and place it near the area of the nickel solenoid. Then rotate or twist the knob, and the safe should open.
Unlocking a Sentry Safe when you don’t have a key can be tricky, but it’s possible, and there are several ways to do it. Of course, the methods you’ll use will depend on several factors, but it’s always best to call the manufacturer and request extra keys unless urgent.