North Providence is a charming town situated in the heart of the Ocean State, Rhode Island. Known for its picturesque streets, lush green parks, and friendly community, this town provides the perfect blend of suburban living and city amenities. Whether you’re planning to move, or simply looking for a perfect neighborhood to settle down, here are the best areas to live in North Providence.
1. Centerdale – Centerdale is one of the most popular neighborhoods in North Providence. It is the downtown of the town and conveniently located near supermarkets, restaurants, shops, and other commercial establishments. There’s easy access to public transportation options, including the train station and bus routes, making it a prime location for commuters. Real estate options here include apartments, townhouses, and condos, with a mix of commercial properties for those looking to start a business.
2. Marieville – This area is situated on the southern part of North Providence and is known to have a strong sense of community. The streets are lined with a mixture of large single-family homes, duplexes, and apartments. It offers a wide range of parks and recreational spaces for children and adults alike, including the Gov. Notte Park and Mowry Conservation Area. The area is also known for its excellent school systems which is a major attraction for families planning to move into the town.
3. Greystone – This quiet neighborhood in North Providence is perfect for families looking for a peaceful and comfortable environment. It’s located near several shopping centers, restaurants, and entertainment options, although it remains secluded enough to offer a tranquil atmosphere. Real estate options here include single-family homes, townhouses, and condos. The Greystone Elementary School is located in this area, making it a popular location for families with young children.
4. Wenscott – Located in the northeastern part of North Providence, Wenscott is a small and cozy neighborhood known for its friendly neighbors and sense of community. This area offers easy access to nearby cities like Providence and Boston, thanks to its proximity to major highways and public transportation routes. Housing options here include single-family homes, duplexes, and apartments.
5. Fruit Hill – Situated on the northwest part of North Providence, Fruit Hill is a comparatively newer neighborhood in the area. It’s known for its convenient location, with easy access to several shopping centers, restaurants, and parks. It also boasts of excellent schools, making it a popular choice for families with young children. Housing options here include single-family homes, duplexes, and apartments.
In conclusion, North Providence is a wonderful town with tons of great neighborhoods to choose from. Whether you’re looking for a busy downtown area, peaceful suburbs or somewhere nestled in between, these areas are some of the best in North Providence to call home.
What are the top neighborhoods in North Providence that offer excellent amenities and services for residents?
North Providence is a charming city located in Providence County, Rhode Island, that offers an abundance of amenities and services for its residents. There are several neighborhoods within the city that stand out due to their exceptional amenities and services. One of the top neighborhoods in North Providence is the Mineral Spring neighborhood. This area offers beautiful parks, excellent shopping, and dining options, making it an ideal location for families and young professionals. Mineral Spring is also home to numerous community events and activities, such as festivals and concerts, providing residents with plenty of opportunities to socialize and meet their neighbors.
Another neighborhood that is worth mentioning is Centerdale. This area boasts top-rated schools, a wide range of shopping options, and several recreational activities, including hiking trails and parks. The neighborhood also has easy access to the city’s major highways and is home to several medical facilities, making it an ideal location for families and retirees. Centerdale is a friendly and tight-knit community where residents support and care for one another, creating a close-knit environment perfect for those who desire a sense of community.
In conclusion, North Providence offers several neighborhoods that provide excellent amenities and services for residents. These neighborhoods include Mineral Spring and Centerdale. With easy access to shopping centers, parks, medical facilities, and excellent schools, these neighborhoods offer everything a resident could wish for. No matter which neighborhood you choose to call home, North Providence is a great place to live and build a fulfilling life.
What is the price range of housing options available in North Providence based on different neighborhoods?
North Providence is a residential town located in the northern part of Providence County. There are several distinct neighborhoods within the town, each with their own unique characteristics and housing options. The housing prices in North Providence vary depending on the neighborhood, size of the property, and type of property.
The area of Marieville is one of the most desirable and expensive neighborhoods in North Providence. Single-family homes in this area generally range from $350,000 to $600,000. While this may seem like a high price, the houses in Marieville are typically large, luxurious, and located on sprawling properties. The Geneva Plainfield area, on the other hand, offers a more affordable housing option, particularly for first-time buyers. The properties in this area are primarily single-family homes and townhouses with an average price range of $170,000 to $250,000.
In addition to these neighborhoods, North Providence also offers several affordable housing options. The Woodville area of North Providence offers an abundance of multi-family homes and apartments that range from $100,000 to $300,000. Some portions of the town, such as the Mineral Spring area, offer a mix of both high-end and affordable housing options. No matter the budget, prospective homeowners can find a wide range of housing options in North Providence.
How does North Providence’s crime rate compare to other cities in the state of Rhode Island?
North Providence, a town located in the state of Rhode Island, has a relatively low crime rate compared to other cities in the state. According to data from the FBI, the violent crime rate in North Providence is 2.22 per 1,000 residents, and the property crime rate is 16.55 per 1,000 residents. These figures are below the state average, which stands at 2.89 for violent crime and 17.33 for property crime.
Compared to cities of similar size in Rhode Island, North Providence has a lower crime rate. For instance, the violent crime rate in North Providence is less than half that of the nearby city of Pawtucket, which has a rate of 4.97 per 1,000 residents. North Providence’s property crime rate is also lower than that of cities such as Warwick and Providence. However, it’s worth noting that crime rates vary greatly depending on the location and neighborhood within a city. It’s important for residents and visitors to practice caution and be aware of their surroundings regardless of the crime rate in their area.
What are the school options available in North Providence, and are they well-rated for quality education?
North Providence, a small town located in Providence County, Rhode Island, offers a variety of school options for its residents. The town has a total of six public schools, including four elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school. Additionally, North Providence hosts a few private institutions such as St. Augustine School, which caters to students from kindergarten to 8th grade. Moreover, North Providence houses a well-known community college, Rhode Island College, which offers associate, Bachelors’s, and master’s degrees.
The public schools in North Providence seem to fare well in terms of academic achievement and education quality. The National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) gives the schools in North Providence an overall rating of 7 out of 10. While some schools fare better than others, overall, the town’s educational institutions are deemed satisfactory for its residents. The town’s high school, for instance, was rated 6 out of 10 by NCES, above the Rhode Island average of 5 out of 10. The high school’s Advanced Placement program and extracurricular activities also received high marks and recognition from the U.S. News and World Report ranking. All in all, North Providence provides adequate and accessible educational opportunities for students of all ages.
What kinds of recreational activities are available in North Providence, and which neighborhoods have easy access to them?
North Providence, Rhode Island has a plethora of recreational activities for all ages and interests. One of the most popular activities is spending time in the town’s many public parks. Governor John A. Notte Jr. Park, for example, has a playground, walking trails, fields for sports and games, and a pond for fishing. Other fun activities that can be enjoyed in North Providence include bowling at Lang’s Bowlarama, catching a movie at the Entertainment Cinemas, and practicing your golf swing at the Triggs Memorial Golf Course.
While there are many options for recreational activities throughout North Providence, some of the neighborhoods that have easy access to these facilities include Greystone, Woodville, and Centerdale. Greystone, for example, is located near Governor John A. Notte Jr. Park as well as the Greystone Walking Trail and the Big River Management Area. Similarly, those living in Woodville have nearby access to the Our Lady of Fatima Park, where visitors can play on the ball fields or enjoy a picnic. Lastly, Centerdale residents can take advantage of the Trigg Memorial Golf Course, which is located just minutes away from their neighborhood. With such a wide variety of recreational activities available in North Providence, residents in any part of town can find something that will appeal to them.