Herndon, Virginia is a vibrant and growing community that offers a variety of amenities for its residents. From charming historic neighborhoods to modern developments, Herndon has become an attractive place to call home for families and individuals alike. Here are some of the best areas to live in Herndon.
1. Downtown Herndon: The heart of Herndon is its downtown area. It’s a vibrant, walkable district with a mix of restaurants, shops, and entertainment options. The historic district is home to several well-preserved buildings, including the Herndon Depot Museum and the Herndon Municipal Center. The area features a range of housing options, from apartments to condos to single-family homes.
2. Franklin Farm: Located on the east side of Herndon, Franklin Farm is a planned community that offers a suburban feel with a strong sense of community. It’s popular among families, as it boasts highly-rated public schools and a variety of recreational activities, such as community pools, tennis courts, and playgrounds. The area is also conveniently located near the Fairfax County Parkway and major highways, making it an ideal location for commuters.
3. Reston-Herndon Border: The border between Reston and Herndon is a highly sought-after location due to the close proximity to the Silver Line Metro station. Residents here enjoy easy access to Reston Town Center, which offers a variety of restaurants, shops, and entertainment options. The area features a mix of townhouses and single-family homes, as well as a variety of parks and trails.
4. The Townes at Herndon Center: These luxury townhomes are situated in the heart of Herndon and offer a unique urban lifestyle. They feature modern design and upscale finishes, and the community features restaurants, shops, and entertainment options within walking distance. The community is also conveniently located near the Silver Line Metro station and major highways for easy commuting.
5. Dranesville: Located on the western side of Herndon, Dranesville is a rural community with a mix of historic homes and modern developments. The area features parks and trails, including the 92-acre Runnymede Park, which offers fishing, hiking, and river adventures. It’s an ideal location for nature lovers looking for a peaceful, rural lifestyle while still having access to modern amenities.
Overall, Herndon offers a variety of housing options and neighborhoods to suit any lifestyle and budget. Whether you’re looking for a vibrant urban lifestyle or a peaceful suburban feel, Herndon has something for everyone.
What are some of the most family-friendly neighborhoods in Herndon?
Finding a family-friendly neighborhood in Herndon, Virginia is not a difficult task. With its numerous parks and recreation centers, top-rated schools, and family-oriented amenities, Herndon is a town that caters to families. One of the most family-friendly neighborhoods in Herndon is Franklin Farm. This quiet neighborhood has numerous playgrounds and sports facilities, lush green walking trails, and a well-maintained community pool. Families can enjoy summer days by the pool or evenings on the neighborhood sports courts. Additionally, the Franklin Farm shopping center provides all the daily necessities, including groceries, pharmacy, and a few restaurants.
Another great neighborhood for families in Herndon is Kingstream. This community has stunning homes with large yards and a laid-back suburban feel. Kingstream offers some exceptional amenities for families, including playgrounds, tennis courts, and proximity to the W&OD Trail, a paved trail that runs through the town. Kingstream is also walking distance from the Herndon Community Center, which offers swimming lessons, fitness classes, and many other activities for the entire family. The area also has exceptional schools, including Herndon High School.
Which areas of Herndon offer the best access to public transportation?
For those looking for easy and convenient access to public transportation, Herndon has plenty of options. The town is served by both the Washington Metro’s Silver Line and the Fairfax Connector Bus system. However, the best areas of Herndon for public transportation access are those located near the Silver Line stations.
One of the most notable areas for public transportation access in Herndon is the neighborhood surrounding the Herndon-Monroe Park & Ride. This area is located right off the Dulles Toll Road and offers easy access to the Silver Line’s Herndon-Monroe station, as well as several Fairfax Connector bus routes. Additionally, there are a number of apartment complexes and townhomes in this area that are within walking distance of the station.
Other areas with good access to public transportation in Herndon include the neighborhoods surrounding the Wiehle-Reston East Metro Station, which is located just across the town border in Reston. This station is only a short drive or bus ride away from many parts of Herndon, and offers direct access to downtown Washington D.C. via the Silver Line. Overall, those looking for excellent access to public transportation have plenty of options in Herndon.
What neighborhoods in Herndon have a diverse range of housing options and affordable real estate prices?
Herndon, Virginia is a thriving and diverse town located in Fairfax County. It’s an excellent place to live, work and raise a family. There are several diverse neighborhoods in Herndon that provide a range of housing options and real estate prices. Some of the most affordable neighborhoods in Herndon are Dranesville, Franklin Farms, and McNair.
Dranesville is located at the northern end of Herndon, and it’s full of both single-family homes and townhomes. This neighborhood is a great option for first-time homebuyers and families on a budget. Franklin Farms is another affordable neighborhood in Herndon. This neighborhood offers a mix of townhouses and single-family homes. With great landscaped parks and local amenities nearby, Franklin Farms is a popular choice for families. McNair is one of the most diverse Herndon neighborhoods. It is next to Reston town center which is a popular spot to hang out. McNair offers residents a mixture of apartments, townhouses, and single-family homes with affordable prices.
In conclusion, for those looking for affordable real estate prices and a diverse range of housing options in Herndon, neighborhoods like Dranesville, Franklin Farms, and McNair are all excellent choices. These neighborhoods offer both single-family homes and townhouses that appeal to families, young professionals, and first-time homebuyers. With plenty of amenities, local shops, and great schools, Herndon is a fantastic place to call home.
What are some of the top-rated schools in the Herndon area, and which neighborhoods are located nearby?
The Herndon area, located in Northern Virginia, is well-known for its quality education system and has several highly-rated schools. Among the top-rated schools in the area are Herndon High School, Oak Hill Elementary School, and Clearview Elementary School. Herndon High School is particularly highly-rated, with a state ranking of 40 out of 326 high schools in Virginia. This school prides itself on providing a rigorous education that prepares students for college and beyond. Oak Hill Elementary School and Clearview Elementary School are also highly-regarded, with a strong focus on student achievement and providing a safe and supportive learning environment.
Several neighborhoods are located nearby these schools, including Franklin Farm, Great Falls Chase, and McNair Farms. Franklin Farm is a popular neighborhood located just minutes from Herndon High School, Oak Hill Elementary School, and Clearview Elementary School. This neighborhood is known for its welcoming community and family-friendly atmosphere, making it an ideal choice for families with school-aged children. Another nearby neighborhood is Great Falls Chase which is just a few miles west of Herndon High School. It’s a beautiful community with a mix of suburban and rural areas, with easy access to top-rated schools and many other amenities. McNair Farms is also located just minutes from Oak Hill Elementary School and is a master-planned community that offers a variety of housing options, from condos and townhouses to single-family homes. With its prime location and access to top-rated schools, McNair Farms is a popular choice for families looking for a strong education system.
Are there any up-and-coming neighborhoods in Herndon that are worth considering for future investment?
As the town of Herndon continues to develop and grow, there are several up-and-coming neighborhoods that are worth considering for future investment. One of the most promising neighborhoods is Reston Heights, which is a mixed-use development that combines residential, commercial, and retail spaces. With close proximity to the Wiehle-Reston East Metro Station and the upcoming Herndon Silver Line Station, Reston Heights is a convenient location for commuters and residents alike. Additionally, the development will feature a variety of high-end amenities, including a fitness center, club room, and rooftop terrace.
Another neighborhood to consider for future investment is Downtown Herndon, which is undergoing a revitalization thanks to a number of new businesses and development projects. In particular, the Herndon Depot Museum and Visitors Center is a major draw for tourists and locals alike, and has helped to create a thriving downtown scene. With a mix of historic homes, new construction, and commercial properties, Downtown Herndon is a diverse and exciting place to invest in real estate. Whether you’re looking for a single-family home, a townhouse, or a commercial property, this neighborhood has a lot to offer for savvy investors.